Story of Villa Cassuto
This structure dates back to around 1830 and was built by a Florentine family as a holiday house for both summer and hunting seasons. It is the exact twin of the villa across the street that was built roughly 10 years earlier by close friends of the owners.
When the Cassutos bought the property in the late 1960s, it had been badly neglected and in need of extensive repair. The renovations were carried out in a conservative manner but some things were added –like the 16th century “Salvador Rosa” fireplace in the main room and the 17th century staircase balustrade that was salvaged from the synagogue of Pesaro.